Fight For What's Yours
Leslie L. Jacob
- Family Law
- Child Custody
- Modifications of Child Custody
- Pre Marital and Post Marital Agreements
- Texas, 2006
- Georgia, 2004
- Texas Bar Association, Family Law Section, Member
- Houston Bar Association, Member
- Burta Rhoads Raborn Family Law Inn of Court, Member and Team Leader
An Exceptional Houston Divorce Attorney for High-Net-Worth Individuals
Leslie Jacob grew up in Cleveland, Mississippi, in the heart of the Mississippi Delta. She always had a passion for the law, and some might say she was born into it, as her grandfather and father practiced law together. Ever since her youth, Jacob has wanted to follow in their footsteps.
The Journey to Becoming a Lawyer
While attending the University of Texas, Jacob interned for a Texas State Senator before going to law school in Georgia. After law school, she took and passed the Georgia Bar and worked as a real estate lawyer for a few years in Atlanta, prior to moving to Houston.
In Houston, after passing the Texas Bar in 2006, Jacob worked for almost ten years representing injured workers at a law firm focused on workers’ compensation cases. Jacob saw many families torn apart due to her clients’ injuries, which often resulted in them being unable to work and support their loved ones. This sparked her passion for family law. During her time serving as workers’ compensation lawyer, Jacob took an active interest in ensuring her clients received the best medical treatment, financial assistance, and legal counsel for themselves and their families. After becoming a partner at the firm, she was offered the opportunity to transition into practicing family law full-time and changed courses.
Leslie Jacob is committed to diligently representing her clients in all areas of family law including divorce, property division, child custody, premarital and post-marital agreements, adoptions, and child custody modifications. Every case has its unique challenges and she will do everything within her power to find the ideal resolution for every client!
- Georgia State University College of Law, Atlanta, Georgia
- Juris Doctorate – 2004
- The University of Texas, Austin, Texas
- B.A., Bachelor of Arts – 2001
- Major: History
Fraternities or Sororities
- Alpha Epsilon Phi
- Associate Attorney
- Golda R. Jacob & Associates , 2016 to 2020
- Ogletree Abbott, PLLC, 2007 to 2016
- Abbott, Clay, and Reed, LLP, Partner, 2007 to 2016
- The Richard Law Firm, Contract Attorney, 2006 to 2007
- Law Offices of Stanley M. Lefco, P.C., Associate Attorney, 2004 to 2006
- The Steel Law Firm, Law Clerk, 2002 to 2003
- Texas State Capitol, Senator Florence Shapiro, Legislative Intern, 2000 to 2001